Date(s) – 04/30/2016 – 05/01/2016
Chicago Marriott Naperville
1801 N. Naper Blvd. – Naperville, IL 60563
Plans are underway. It’s going to be the bees knees!
Theme: Roaring 20s
Registration: Online registration OPENS February 1st for SCBWI members (Not-yet-members February 8th)
Program & Faculty:
• 40 faculty members!
• 7 different intensives – (three hour in-depth sessions on Friday afternoon)
• Newcomers to the Industry Session for Beginners
• 35-40 different sessions on topics related to Picture Books, Novels, Nonfiction, All-Genres, Business, Illustration, and Publishing Independently
• First Pages Panels, First Looks Panels, and onsite Art Show included in registration
• Written critiques; Onsite portfolio reviews; a manuscript contest (with four categories):prize–full manuscript submission!
• Autograph party and Costume Party and Prize for best costume!
Bookstore: Sponsored by Anderson’s Books. Registered attendees who are either traditionally or independently published will be able to sell one title. Faculty’s books will be available, too.