After successful 2015, 2016, and 2017 events in Chicago, Writing Day Workshops is excited to announce The 2018 Writing Workshop of Chicago— a full-day “How to Get Published” writing event in Chicago, IL on June 23, 2018.
This writing event is a wonderful opportunity to get intense instruction over the course of one day, pitch a literary agent or editor (optional), get your questions answered, and more. Note that there are limited seats at the event (250 total). All questions about the event regarding schedule, details and registration are answered below. Thank you for your interest in the 2018 Writing Workshop of Chicago!
WHAT IS IT?
This is a special one-day “How to Get Published” writing workshop on Saturday, June 23, 2018, at the historic Congress Plaza Hotel, just south of the downtown area. In other words, it’s one day full of classes and advice designed to give you the best instruction concerning how to get your writing & books published. We’ll discuss your publishing opportunities today, how to write queries & pitches, how to market yourself and your books, what makes an agent/editor stop reading your manuscript, and more. No matter what you’re writing — fiction or nonfiction — the day’s classes will help point you in the right direction. Writers of all genres are welcome.
This event is designed to squeeze as much into one day of learning as possible. You can ask any questions you like during the classes, and get your specific concerns addressed. We will have literary agents onsite to give feedback and take pitches from writers, as well. This year’s agent faculty so far includes:
- [NEW ADDITION] literary agent Cyle Young (Hartline Literary)
- [NEW ADDITION] literary agent Mary Cummings (Betsy Amster Literary)
- literary agent Cynthia Ruchti (Books and Such)
- literary agent Michelle Grajkowski (3 Seas Literary)
- editor Anna Michels (Sourcebooks)
- literary agent Moe Ferrara (BookEnds Literary)
- literary agent Kelly Van Sant (D4EO Literary)
- literary agent Tracy Brennan (Trace Literary Agency)
- literary agent Gemma Cooper (The Bent Agency)
- literary agent Dawn Frederick (Red Sofa Literary)
- editor Grace Menary-Winefield (Sourcebooks and Sourcebooks Landmark)
- literary agent Alexandra Weiss (Jennifer De Chiara Literary)
- literary agent Marcy Posner (Folio Literary)
- editor Emily Clark Victorson (Allium Press)
- literary agent Tina P. Schwartz (The Purcell Agency)
- agent assistant Lesley Sabga (The Seymour Agency)
- literary agent Kortney Price (Corvisiero Agency)
- and more to come
By the end of the day, you will have all the tools you need to move forward on your writing journey. This independent event is organized by coordinator Jessica Bell of Writing Day Workshops, with assistance from regional Chicago writing groups.
EVENT LOCATION & DETAILS:
9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday, June 23, 2018 — the historic Congress Plaza Hotel, 520 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60605, just south of the downtown area. (312)427-3800.